Tuesday 10 June 2014

Connecting APM to the Bible, and the Through Lines

To connect my project to the Through Lines was initially quite hard, but with the help of my mentor, I was able to see that even gaming can worship God. The best Through-Lines to connect to my project are Order-Discovering and Creation-Enjoying. People were given the abilities to be able to make the equipment necessary to be able to game, and Creation-Enjoying is easy when you can not only see how wonderful God has made us, with such creativity to design the maps, and characters in the game, but also that God gave us the ability to create computers as well. Computers are filled with intricate detail, and God gave man the ability to create them. To play StarCraft 2, you can enjoy what God has enabled people to create. Order-Discovering was also another big part of my project, as I discovered the deeply complicated world of StarCraft 2 and its strategies. I learned much about how the gameplay mechanics work, and I also learned a great deal about how Real Time Strategy games are structured. Romans 12:6 tells us to use our skills and 1 Timothy 4:14 says "do not neglect your skills." I have the skills required to work with computers, both as a tool, and as a toy. This project has taught me skills that can be applied to other areas of my life, because just like in StarCraft, life needs to be Macro Managed too. The same ways of thinking can be applied in real life to be able to effectively use what I have been given and spend the resources of life wisely, just like in StarCraft. 

1 comment:

  1. Solid post Chris! It's true, so much of our lives can be connected to God and it's great that you've managed to connect your passions (video games) as well! I love the verse you've chosen and you did a great job in all your posts! Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete